Ginger & oat biscuits
SmartPoints® value per serving
These fuss-free biscuits are so quick and easy to make and will keep well – they’re the perfect partner for your afternoon cuppa.
White Self Raising Flour
1½ teaspoons, level
Low Fat Spread
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and ginger into a mixing bowl then stir in the salt, sugar and porridge oats. Add the low-fat spread and, using a wooden spoon, mix well to bring the ingredients together into a sticky ball of dough.
- Use a tablespoon measure to create 16 small balls of dough and space them out on the prepared trays. Press each one down with the back of a fork into discs with a thickness of about 1cm.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes until the biscuits are a light golden brown, turning the tray around halfway through cooking so that they colour evenly.
- Cool on the tray until set, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To freeze Layer the biscuits between sheets of baking paper and freeze in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature.