Choc-chip courgette brownie
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 55 min
1 hr 25 min
These decadent, chocolatey treats contain grated courgette, although you’d never know it!
Low Fat Spread
175 g, cut into cubes, plus extra for greasing
150 g, roughly chopped
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
White Self Raising Flour
150 g, wholemeal
275 g, grated
1 teaspoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm square tin with low-fat spread and line with baking paper, leaving some paper hanging over the edge of the tin to make it easy to lift out.
- Put the chocolate and low-fat spread in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently boiling water, making sure the water isn’t high enough to touch the bowl. Stir occasionally until the chocolate and spread have melted, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together using a hand-held electric whisk for a few minutes until thick. Pour in the melted chocolate and spread, then fold together until combined. Gently fold in the flour, followed by the grated courgette.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, until only a few crumbs remain when you insert a skewer into the centre of the brownie.
- Remove from the oven and put the tin on a wire rack. Leave until completely cool, then use the baking paper to lift the brownie out of the tin. Remove the baking paper, dust the top with the cocoa powder and cut into 20 individual brownies.