Chinese pancakes with soy poached chicken
Light Brown Sugar
1 clove(s), sliced
1 medium, sliced
4 g, grated
Chinese 5 Spice
1 teaspoons, level
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Calorie controlled cooking spray
⅓ individual, medium
- Put the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, garlic, spring onions, ginger, black peppercorns and Chinese 5 spice into a pan and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Lower the chicken breasts into the pan then top up with just enough water for the mixture to cover the chicken. Bring the mixture back to a simmer and cover the pan with a lid. Poach the chicken for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Lift the chicken from the poaching liquid, using a slotted spoon, and set aside to cool completely. Discard the poaching liquid, or strain it and let cool slightly before shredding with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce and sweet chilli sauce and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the shredded chicken for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through. Toss the sauce though the chicken and keep warm.
- Warm the pancakes in the microwave to pack instructions. To serve, fill each pancake with some of the shredded chicken, then top with the carrot, cucumber and spring onions.