Chickpea curry vegan flatbread
Plain Soya Yogurt
White Self Raising Flour
80 g, plus extra for dusting
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 tablespoons, tikka masala
1 can(s), large, drained, drained and rinsed
2 large, roughly chopped
1 tablespoons, chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6, and heat a baking sheet until very hot.
- In a small bowl, combine 50g of the yogurt alternative, flour and a large pinch of salt until you have a soft dough. Shape into a ball.
- Put a sheet of baking paper on a work surface and dust with flour. Tip the dough onto the paper and form a teardrop shape flatbread that’s 4mm thick.
- Transfer the dough (with baking paper) to the hot baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Fry the curry paste for 1 minute. Stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes and 75ml water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes until the chickpeas are tender and the tomatoes have broken down.
- Spread two-thirds of the remaining yogurt over the flatbread, then top with half the curry (see cook’s tip, below). Cut in half, then serve with the last of the yogurt and the coriander.