Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Medium fat soft cheese
125 g, with garlic
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
50 g, Vegetables or salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F. Mist a shallow baking dish or baking sheet with low fat cooking spray.
- Put the chicken breasts, well-spaced apart, between sheets of cling film or greaseproof paper. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to beat them out until flattened - but avoid bashing them until they break up. Remove the film or paper.
- Divide the soft cheese into 4 equal portions and form into cylinder shapes. Place them on the chicken breasts, towards the narrow end. Season with salt and pepper. Roll up the breasts, folding in the sides to encase the cheese. Use cocktail sticks to secure them.
- Roll the chicken parcels in the flour then dip them into the beaten egg mixture. Finally, roll them in the breadcrumbs and place them in the dish or on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. To check, pierce with a skewer or sharp knife - the juices should run clear. Remove the cocktail sticks then serve with fresh vegetables or salad.