Chicken & chestnut mushroom lasagne
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 medium, sliced thinly and rinsed
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
700 g, cut into 1cm (½ inch) cubes
450 g, chestnut, sliced
3 clove(s), crushed
400 g, chopped
WW Yellow Lentil Lasagne Sheets
30 g, grated
Semi Skimmed Milk
Medium fat soft cheese
1 zest(s) of 1
- Mist the pan again, fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and spinach and cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Increase the heat and cook, uncovered, until the liquid evaporates. Season and set aside.
- To make the cheese sauce, mix 3 tablespoons of the milk with the cornflour in a jug to form a paste, then stir in the remaining milk. Pour the mixture into a pan, add the soft cheese and cook over a low heat, stirring, until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, or until thickened. Season and stir through the lemon zest.
- To assemble, divide one-third of the cheese sauce between 2 medium baking dishes (around 25cm x 17cm). Top each with one-quarter of the chicken mixture followed by 3 lasagne sheets. Divide the spinach mixture between the 2 dishes, then repeat with the cheese sauce, chicken mixture and lasagne sheets. Finish with a layer of cheese sauce, then scatter over the Parmesan.
- Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add the leeks and 2 tablespoons water and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Mist the pan again and fry the chicken, in batches, for 10 minutes until cooked. Add to the bowl of leeks, stir in the tarragon and season.
- To serve Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 and bake one of the lasagnes for 4045 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a green salad.
- To freeze Cover the second uncooked lasagne with clingfilm and then kitchen foil, and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and bake, uncovered, as per ‘to serve’ instructions.