- 2 clove(s) Garlic
- 1 inch slice(s) Root Ginger
- 1/2 tablespoons, level Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoons, level Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoons, level Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoons, level Coriander, Dried
- 1/2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1 tablespoons, level Tomato Purèe
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red
- 10 sprig(s) Coriander, fresh, handful
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 large Onion(s), diced
- 400 g Split Red Lentils, dry
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), made with 500ml hot water
- 1 can(s), large Tinned Tomatoes
- 4 medium Chicken breast, skinless, raw, diced
- 150 g Spinach
- 200 ml Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned
- 1 pot(s), small Fat Free Natural Yogurt
First make the curry paste, add garlic, ginger, all the spices, tomato puree, chilli and coriander into a small food processor and pulse until a paste is formed (make sure to add the whole coriander, stalks and all, these add lots of flavour). If you don't have a a food processor, finely chop the garlic, ginger and coriander and mix with the remaining paste ingredients.
Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray over a low-medium heat. cook the onions for 5-10 minutes until translucent. Add the curry paste and cook for a few minutes. Add the lentils to the pan and stir through the paste.
Pour in the stock and tinned tomatoes; increase the heat and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes before adding the chicken. Cook for 10 minutes or until the lentils and chicken are cooked through. Stir through the spinach and coconut milk.
Serve in topped topped with a dollop of fat free natural yogurt and some chopped coriander.