Cheese & onion pie with minted greens
400 g, cut into 3cm pieces
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 large, finely chopped
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
Jus-Rol Ready Rolled Light Puff Pastry Sheet
160 g, uncooked
240 g, Tenderstem
Peas, frozen, boiled
Low Fat Spread
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes until just tender, then drain and allow to steam dry in the sieve or colander.
- Meanwhile, mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 15 minutes until soft and starting to caramelise. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the cooked potatoes, cheese and parsley. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the beaten eggs, then add the rest to the bowl. Season to taste and gently stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the cheese and onion mixture into a 24cm shallow pie dish. Unroll the pastry and place it over the top of the filling, then trim off and discard the excess. Crimp the edges of the pastry, cut a small slit into the top of the pie to allow steam to escape, then brush the pastry all over with the reserved egg. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- While the pie is baking, cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, then add the peas and cook for another minute. Drain, return the veg to the pan and add the spread and mint. Stir until the spread has melted.
- Serve the pie seasoned with freshly ground black pepper, with the veg on the side.