Cajun sweet potato crisps
Make yourself the ultimate savoury snack: sweet potato crisps. These crunchy, golden rounds roasted in a fiery spiced oil are easier than you might think.
Sweet potato(es), raw
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, fan 130°C, gas mark 2. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Scrub the sweet potato clean, and dry thoroughly. Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, carefully slice the potato into thin rounds about 2mm thick. Put the slices into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and seasoning. Drizzle over the sweet potato slices and toss everything together with your hands until evenly coated. Season with salt and toss again.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices on the baking trays in a single layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning the crisps and rotating the trays halfway through, until golden and crisp. Keep an eye on the rounds for the final 5 minutes of baking to make sure they don’t burn. If they are not quite crisp enough, continue to bake, checking them every few minutes until they are done.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool completely, then serve.