Butternut squash fritters
800 g, prepared, cut into 1cm pieces
1 teaspoons, level
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
20 g, grated
Natural Cottage Cheese
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw, lightly beaten
1 small, thinly sliced
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Sugar Snap Peas
100 g, thinly sliced
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Cook the butternut squash in a pan of boiling water for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the grated cheese and thyme.
- Combine the cottage cheese, eggs and milk in a large jug. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in the onion and cooked butternut squash.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Make 4 fritters at a time by spooning about 60ml (4 tablespoons) of the batter into the pan for each fritter. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 more fritters.
- Meanwhile, combine the peas and pea shoots in a bowl. For each serving, make a stack of 3 fritters, then top with a quarter of the pea mixture, créme fraîche and sweet chilli sauce, then serve.