Butterflied chicken with a lemon, caper & shallot sauce
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
500 g, 4 x 125g
Calorie controlled cooking spray
45 g, lightly salted
2 medium, banana shallots, thinly sliced into rounds
Capers, in Brine
2 tablespoons, drained and rinsed, roughly chopped
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1½ tablespoons, 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus extra to serve
Asda Cauliflower Rice
600 g, cooked as per pack, 2 x 300g packs
½ small, thinly sliced
- To butterfly the chicken, put each fillet on a cutting board and slice lengthways from the thin side, taking care not to cut all the way through. Open out the fillet, cover with clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin to flatten. Season and set aside.
- Mist a very large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add the chicken and pan fry for 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Melt the butter in the pan, then add the shallots and fry for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the capers and lemon juice, then season to taste and set aside.
- Meanwhile, microwave the cauliflower ‘rice’ to pack instructions, and combine the watercress, red onion and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Serve the pan-fried chicken on a bed of cauliflower ‘rice’ with the sauce spooned over the top and the salad and lemon wedges on the side.