400 g, peeled and diced into 2cm chunks
300 g, Maris Piper
1 teaspoons, level
Bacon medallions, raw
250 g, 4 small vines
80 g, young leaf
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7. Put the squash on a large baking tray, then drizzle over half the oil and toss to coat. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the potatoes into a clean tea towel, then squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Mix the grated potatoes with the remaining oil and the dried herbs, and season well. Shape into 4 mounds among the squash on the tray, then bake everything for another 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 and arrange the bacon in between the veg. Add the cherry tomatoes to the tray and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a sieve set over the sink and pour over boiling water from the kettle until wilted. When cool enough to handle, squeeze any excess liquid from the spinach.
- Add the wilted spinach to the tray in 4 piles among the other veg, then use a spoon to create a hole in each pile. Crack an egg into each hole and bake for a final 5-8 minutes until the eggs are done to your liking.