Besan ka puda
2 large, deseeded & diced
2 medium, trimmed & thinly sliced
15 g, finely chopped
1 small, peeled & coarsely grated
1 medium, trimmed and coarsely grated
1 small, thinly sliced
150 g, (Gram flour
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, deseeded and finely chopped
15 g, grated
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Plain Soya Yogurt
- Combine the tomatoes, spring onions and 1 tablespoon of the chopped coriander in a bowl. Season to taste, then cover and set aside in the fridge.
- Toss the carrot, courgette and red onion together in a bowl with the salt. Transfer to a sieve, place it over the bowl and set aside for 10 minutes, then gently press the excess water out of the veg. Discard the liquid.
- Meanwhile, put the chickpea flour into a large bowl, season and whisk in 250ml cold water until you have a batter that’s the consistency of single cream.
- Whisk in the chilli, ginger, remaining coriander and the drained vegetables. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Mist a 19cm nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set it over a medium heat. Once hot, pour in a quarter of the batter and swirl so the base of the pan is completely covered.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom of the pancake is golden. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes, then transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the rest of the batter to make 4 pancakes.
- Fold the pancakes in half, scatter over the tomato mixture, spoon over the yogurt and serve with the lime wedges.