Banana & berry pancakes
Don’t think of this as a breakfast just for weekends. If you make the pancakes when you have more time, you can then wrap and freeze them in batches of four. Simply microwave (or toast lightly) to serve with the fresh fruit and fromage frais, for a midweek breakfast that feels utterly indulgent.
White Self Raising Flour
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 medium, sliced
150 g, quartered
Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
40 g, (4 tsp)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, with a pinch of salt, and then stir in the sugar. Make a well in the middle, break in the egg and gradually whisk in the egg and the milk until you have a thick, smooth batter. Stir in 100 g (3 1/2 oz) of the blueberries.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with calorie controlled cooking spray. Drop in 4 spoonfuls of blueberry studded batter and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes each side over a medium heat.
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm while you make 3 further batches, to give a total of 16 pancakes.
- Meanwhile, combine the rest of the blueberries with the sliced bananas and strawberries.
- Serve 4 drop scones per person, topped with the fruit, fromage frais and a drizzle of honey.