Banana & raspberry crunch bread
2 medium, peeled, cored and finely chopped
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Light Brown Sugar
Low Fat Spread
1 tablespoons, melted
1 teaspoons, level
White Self Raising Flour
Bicarbonate of Soda
½ teaspoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw, lightly beaten
230 g, mashed
135 g, frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Put the apple in a pan with a splash of water and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Mash into a purée and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, mist a 900g loaf tin with cooking spray. Line the base and sides with baking paper, letting the long sides overhang.
- Combine the cornflakes, brown sugar, spread and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda, then stir in the caster sugar. In a third bowl, blend the buttermilk, eggs, apple purée and banana, then stir into the flour mixture.
- Spoon half the mixture into the tin. Scatter over the berries, then spread over the remaining mixture. Press the cornflakes on the top.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean; if the cornflakes are browning, cover loosely with foil.
- Cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then lift out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Cut into thick slices and serve.