Baked vanilla cheesecake
2 hr 25 min
1 hr 5 min
Succulent fresh berries are the perfect accompaniment to this velvety-smooth baked cheesecake.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Low fat digestive biscuit(s)
Low Fat Spread
50 g, melted
Reduced Fat Natural Cottage Cheese
Low Fat Soft Cheese
Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
1 teaspoon(s), level
125 g, hulled and halved
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.Grease and line the base of an 18cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Put the cookies in aa food processor and blitz to a fine crumb, or put them in a sealed plastic food bag and crush with a rolling pin. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the melted spread until well combined. Press the mixture evenly over the base of the prepared tin. Bake for 15 minutes to crisp up, then remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 150°C, fan 130°C, gas mark 2.
- Press the cottage cheese through a sieve and tip into a food processor. Add the soft cheese, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and sugar and blitz until smooth. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the cookie base and shake the tin gently to level the surface.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the cheesecake is set in the centre, but still slightly wobbly. Turn off the oven, but leave the cheesecake in the oven as it cools, for at least 1 hour – this gradual cooling reduces the risk of cracking.
- Chill until ready to serve, then carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and pile the berries on top - you can serve any leftover berries on the side.