Baked jam doughnuts
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 25 min
1 hr 10 min
Doughnuts are normally deep fried – but these are baked to reduce the fat content.
Plain White Flour
Dried baking yeast
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
Low Calorie Jam
½ teaspoons, level
- Sift flour and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl. Stir in the yeast and half the sugar. Make a well in middle and add the egg.
- Mix together milk and 125ml water to make a warm liquid, then pour into flour well. Mix with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough until smooth and elastic - about 5 minutes. Divide into 20 equal pieces and shape into round doughnuts.
- Mist a baking tray with cooking spray. Arrange the doughnuts on tray, spacing well apart to allow for rising. Cover with plastic wrap or clean, damp tea-towels until almost doubled in size. This will take 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Allow to cool slightly.
- Make a small incision into each doughnut and fill with a teaspoon of jam. Brush each doughnut with water and roll in caster sugar and cinnamon.