Baked figs with ricotta & pistachios
Sweet, juicy figs stuffed with creamy ricotta and served straight from the oven.
½ teaspoon(s), level
1 teaspoon(s), level
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4 and line a small baking tray with kitchen foil.
- Cut a cross in the top of each fig, almost but not quite to the bottom. Gently open them out so that a little of the red flesh is exposed, then transfer them to the prepared baking tray.
- In a dry frying pan, toast the pistachios for 1-2 minutes, then remove from the pan and roughly chop.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, vanilla, half the agave syrup and half the pistachios. Spoon the mixture into the centre of the figs and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the figs are tender and the ricotta is turning golden.
- To serve, carefully arrange the baked figs on a small plate, then scatter over the remaining pistachios and drizzle over the remaining agave syrup.