Avocado chocolate cake
Calorie controlled cooking spray
100 g, (50% cocoa solids), chopped
Plain White Flour
50 g, unsweetened
1 teaspoons, level
Bicarbonate of Soda
¾ teaspoons, level
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
2 teaspoons, level
1 teaspoons, level, to decorate
16 sprig(s), to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Line the base of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper, and mist the sides with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second bursts, stirring after each burst. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, caster sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt.
- Put the yogurt and avocado in a blender and blitz to a purée. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and blitz until combined.
- Add the yogurt mixture and melted chocolate to the dry ingredients, along with 100ml boiling water and stir until smooth and combined. Pour into the prepared tin, level the surface with a spatula and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust the top of the cake with the icing sugar and decorate with the mint leaves, if using.