Apricot & banana polenta cake
200 g, instant
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Medium fat soft cheese
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
½ teaspoons, level
2 medium, 1 ripe
200 g, pitted, 100g chopped, 100g sliced
Low Fat Natural Yogurt
2 tablespoons, (80g)
Lemon Juice, Fresh
- Cook the polenta according to pack instructions. Cool, stirring occasionally to prevent lumps forming.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/Fan oven 160°C/350°F. Spray a 23cm (9 inch) cake tin with low fat cooking spray.
- Beat half of the low fat soft cheese, sweetener and egg yolks together. Stir in the cooled polenta and baking powder. Mash the ripe banana with a fork and add to the mixture with the chopped apricots.
- Whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until stiff, then fold them into the polenta mixture. Tip into the cake tin and level the surface. Bake for 35-40 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the topping, beat together the remaining soft cheese, yogurt and sweetener. Spread over the top of the cake. Slice the remaining banana and sprinkle the pieces with lemon juice. Arrange over the top of the cake with the sliced apricots. Keep covered and refrigerated, though serve at room temperature.