Amaretti frozen yogurt with roasted plums
SmartPoints® value per serving
This dessert is a lesson in simplicity: vanilla frozen yogurt, sweet roasted plums and crunchy amaretti biscuits.
1 teaspoons, level
500 g, stones removed, quartered
Calorie controlled cooking spray
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons, level
100 g, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5 and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Line a 900g loaf tin with cling film, leaving a bit of overhang.
- Put the plums on the prepared tray and mist with cooking spray. Roast for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Let cool, then transfer half to an airtight container and set aside until needed. Remove and discard the skins from the remaining plums, then use a stick blender or fork to make a purée.
- Add the yogurt, agave syrup and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour into an ice-cream machine, and churn to manufacturer’s instructions. Alternatively, put into a freezer container, cover and freeze. After 1-2 hours, remove from the freezer and stir with a fork to break up any ice crystals. Return to the freezer and repeat once more.
- Pour half the mixture into the lined tin, then scatter over the biscuits. Top with the remaining mixture, and cover with the overhanging cling film. Freeze until required.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and leave to soften for a few minutes. Cut into thick slices and serve with the plums.