Air-fryer spiced corn ribs
2 - 7
PersonalPoints™ per serving
These spicy corn cob snacks have been a hit all over social media. Serve them with a zingy yogurt and lime dipping sauce at your next gathering – they’re sure to get people talking.
Corn on the cob, raw
1½ teaspoons, level, smoked
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
½ zest(s) of 1
Lime Juice, Fresh
- Carefully slice the bottom off each corn cob so it stands flat. Stand one cob up on its cut end, insert a very sharp knife into the centre of the top of the cob and carefully slice the cob in half lengthwise, using a see-saw motion. Repeat with the other cob.
- Put each cob half onto the cutting board, cut-side up. Cut through the core lengthways, slicing each half into two or three ‘ribs’. Each rib should be roughly 3-4 corn kernels wide.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil and paprika, then season well. Add the ribs and use your hands to toss them in the oil mixture until evenly coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C. Arrange the corn ribs in the basket, in a single layer if possible. Air-fry for 8-10 minutes until the ribs curl and the kernels are golden – if you want them crispy, cook them for the full 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Serve the corn ribs drizzled with the yogurt dressing.