21 best egg recipes for every mealtime
Packed with protein, simple to cook and incredibly versatile, eggs are a must- have ingredient – if you have a few eggs to hand, you’ll never be short of a tasty meal. Whether they’re simply poached on toast, soft-boiled in a classic Niçoise salad or part of a sauce in a spaghetti carbonara, eggs take the starring role in many delicious dishes. Aim to eat up to six eggs a week as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
Tips for cooking eggs
- Hard-boil half a dozen eggs at a time and store unpeeled in the fridge to add to salads, vegetable curries and as an anytime snack.
- An omelette is a great breakfast, lunch or dinner when time is short. Fill with lots of veggies, corn or peas for a filling meal.
- Scrambled eggs are a classic breakfast dish, but you can mix things up by adding in some grated cheese, diced ham, or fresh herbs like chives or parsley.
- A frittata is a great way to use up any leftover veggies you have in the fridge. Simply sauté them in a pan, pour in some beaten eggs, and bake until set.
- For a fun twist on deviled eggs, try filling the egg whites with guacamole or hummus instead of the traditional filling.
Quick links: How to cook eggs