Sweetcorn and carrot fritters
Canned corn kernels, rinsed and drained
1 420g can
2 large, coarsely grated (see tip)
1 clove(s), crushed
White self-raising flour
½ cup(s), (75g)
99% fat-free, plain or natural yoghurt, unsweetened
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
Canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 400g can, (2 x 400g cans)
1 small, thinly sliced
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place corn, carrots, garlic and spices in a large bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and stir in flour. Lightly beat 1 egg, then add to mixture and mix well. Shape mixture into 8 patties. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over mediumhigh heat. Fry patties, in batches of 4, for 3 minutes each side or until just golden. Transfer to baking tray and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Wipe pan clean. Lightly spray with oil and fry remaining eggs for 3-4 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are still soft.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. In a separate medium bowl, combine chickpeas, tomatoes and red onion. Spoon over yoghurt mixture, sprinkle with parsley and toss to combine.
- Serve fritters with fried eggs and chickpea salad, sprinkled with extra parsley and black pepper.