- 1/4 cup(s) brown rice, (50g)
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 6 medium egg(s)
- 1 medium carrot(s), coarsely grated
- 1 medium Zucchini, coarsely grated
- 65 g Weight Watchers Cottage Cheese, (1/3 cup)
- 120 g cherry tomato, halved
- 1 tbs fresh mint, to serve
- 6 slice(s) wholemeal bread, (6x35g) toasted
- 1/2 cup(s) avocado, (120g) mashed
Place rice and ½ cup (125ml) water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until rice is just tender.
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a 26cm x 16cm (base measurement) slab tin with baking paper, allowing paper to hang over the 2 long sides. Place spinach in a large bowl. Add enough boiling water to cover. Soak for 30 seconds or until just wilted. Drain well.
Whisk eggs in a large bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in rice, spinach, carrot and zucchini. Pour into prepared tin and distribute evenly. Dollop cottage cheese over the top. Use the back of a spoon to lightly press cheese into egg mixture. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until golden and set.
Cut into slices and serve topped with tomatoes and mint. Serve with toast spread with avocado.
- TIP: Store slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.