This recipe is reminiscent of pasta with vodka sauce, but it’s made much lighter and fresher tasting by skipping the pasta and heavy cream.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, not packed in juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 18 oz uncooked zucchini, spiralized into 6 c; cut into 5-inch lengths
- 3 tbsp WeightWatchers Reduced fat whipped cream cheese spread
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, chopped
- 4 tsp grated Pecorino cheese
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Stir in tomatoes and water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes.
Stir in salt and crushed red pepper; gently stir in zucchini. Increase heat to medium high; cook, tossing frequently, until zucchini is tender, 5 minutes.
Stir in cream cheese until melted; remove from heat. Stir in basil; sprinkle with Parmesan.
Serving size: 1 c