Visit your local farmer’s market to buy the freshest ingredients possible for this summer side.
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove(s), large garlic clove(s), crushed through garlic press
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound(s) uncooked zucchini, stem ends trimmed
- 2 medium corn, on the cob
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, leaves only, packed, thinly sliced
- 2 oz ricotta salata cheese, thinly shaved
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt and crushed red pepper; let stand until tomatoes get juicy, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, spiralize zucchini. Remove husks and silk from corn; cut off kernels.
Add zucchini, corn and basil to tomato mixture; toss to coat. Let stand until flavors are blended, about 2 minutes; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Serving size: 1 1/4 c salad mixture with 2 Tbsp cheese
- Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.