Zucchini Fries with Lemon and Dill
- Total Time
Dredging the fries in panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) helps make them extra cripsy. They make a great side dish or savory snack.
uncooked zucchini3 medium
all-purpose flour2 Tbsp
regular liquid egg substitute¾ cup(s)
fresh lemon juice1 Tbsp
whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs1 cup(s)
dill1 Tbsp, fresh, minced
lemon zest1 tsp, minced
table salt1 tsp
black pepper½ tsp
cooking spray2 spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; slice each half into four long spears and place in a large bowl (you should have 24 fries). Add flour to bowl; toss to coat zucchini.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg substitute, lemon juice and water. In another shallow bowl, combine panko, dill, zest, salt and pepper.
- Dip a zucchini spear in egg mixture and turn to coat; gently shake off any excess. Next, place in breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat; place on prepared pan and repeat with remaining ingredients (make sure fries do not touch or overlap).
- Coat tops of fries with cooking spray and bake until brown and crunchy, about 25 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool for a few minutes.
- Serving size: 6 fries.