WW penne with homemade Bolognese sauce
2 oz, diced
½ medium, finely chopped
½ large, finely chopped
1 rib(s), large, finely chopped
Canned tomato paste
Uncooked 95% lean ground beef
Ground red pepper
6 Tbsp, dry variety
Canned crushed tomatoes
Fat free evaporated milk
WW Yellow lentil penne
- In a medium, heavy pot or Dutch oven, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp, stirring frequently, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to paper towels with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add oil to pot and then add vegetables; cook, stirring frequently, until pan is nearly dry and vegetables are soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Add beef, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add wine; simmer, stirring often, until wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and reserved pancetta; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a low simmer; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes (add a bit of hot water if necessary to keep meat and vegetables from sticking).
- Stir in milk; simmer for another 5 minutes. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
- Serving size: about 1 1/4 cup pasta and 1/2 cup sauce