WW Foil Packet Cod
- Total Time
uncooked Atlantic cod10 oz
olive oil3 tsp
uncooked zucchini9 oz
uncooked farro½ cup(s)
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s)
roasted red peppers (packed in water)1 oz
ground allspice1 Tbsp
- Cook the farro: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven, then preheat the oven to 450°F. Heat a medium pot of salted water to boiling on high. Once the pot of water is boiling, add the farro and cook, uncovered, 18 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Turn off the heat. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot
- Prepare the ingredients & make the aioli: While the farro cooks, wash and dry the fresh produce. Discarding any stems, halve, core, and thinly slice the fennel. Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic. Halve the lemon crosswise. Thinly slice one half crosswise, discarding any seeds. Roughly chop the peppers and capers. In a bowl, combine the chopped peppers and capers, mayonnaise, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- . Cook the fennel: While the farro continues to cook, in a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the sliced fennel and chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and slightly softened. Turn off the heat.
- Season the fish: While the fennel cooks, pat the fish dry with paper towels. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into two equal-sized pieces. Season on both sides with salt, pepper, and up to half the spice blend (you will have extra).
- Assemble the foil packets: To the pot of cooked farro, add the cooked fennel and 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil; stir to combine. Place two large, rectangular pieces of foil on a work surface. Divide the finished farro between the pieces of foil, keeping it to one side. Top with the seasoned fish, lemon slices, and 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Roll and crimp the three open edges inwards to completely seal the packet. Place the foil packets on a sheet pan.