Watermelon-Goat Cheese Bites with Lime Dressing by Millie Peartree
Soft-type goat cheese
4 oz, at room temperature
Fat free skim milk
2 Tbsp, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
Fresh mint leaves
1 Tbsp, finely chopped
½ medium, zested and juiced (about ½ tsp zest and 1½ tsp juice)
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Extra virgin olive oil
3 pound(s), about half a seedless melon
- In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese and milk with a fork until creamy. Fold in basil, mint, lime zest, and black pepper; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lime juice, honey, and salt; set aside.
- Cut rind off watermelon; cut watermelon flesh into twenty-four 1-inch squares (about ½-inch- thick).
- Place watermelon squares on a serving platter; spoon or pipe about 1 tsp whipped cheese on each piece. Drizzle dressing over top; garnish with additional chopped basil and serve immediately.
- Serving size: 4 watermelon bites and 1 tsp dressing