Vegetable fried rice
8 oz, extra-firm
Sherry (dry or sweet)
2 Tbsp, or Chinese cooking wine
Low sodium soy sauce
1 large clove(s), minced
1 piece(s), 1-inch, or to taste, peeled and minced
1 small, cubed
Cooked medium grain brown rice
4 cup(s), cooled
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced
3 medium, sliced, white and pale green parts only
- Cut tofu into small cubes. Mix together 1 tablespoon cooking wine and 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pour over tofu to marinate while you prepare vegetables.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon wine and 3 tablespoons soy sauce together and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add canola oil. When oil is hot add drained tofu, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for about a minute, then add squash.
- After another minute add rice, snow peas and peppers. Stir-fry until rice is hot and vegetables are hot but still crisp, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture and stir to coat evenly. Add scallions and serve.
- Serving size: 1 cup