- 8 oz firm tofu, extra-firm
- 2 Tbsp sherry (dry or sweet), or Chinese cooking wine
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 clove(s), large garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 piece(s) ginger root, 1-inch, or to taste, peeled and minced
- 1 small summer squash, cubed
- 4 cup(s) long grain cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup(s) snow peas
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), thinly sliced
- 3 medium uncooked scallion(s), sliced, white and pale green parts only
Cut tofu into small cubes. Mix together 1 tablespoon cooking wine and 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pour over tofu to marinate while you prepare vegetables.
Mix remaining 1 tablespoon wine and 3 tablespoons soy sauce together and set aside.
Heat a wok over high heat and add canola oil. When oil is hot add drained tofu, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for about a minute, then add squash.
After another minute add rice, snow peas and peppers. Stir-fry until rice is hot and vegetables are hot but still crisp, 1 to 3 minutes.
Add soy sauce mixture and stir to coat evenly. Add scallions and serve.