Vegetable Fried Rice
- Total Time
This fried rice cooks in a snap, and it's much healthier than the restaurant version.
firm tofu8 oz, extra-firm
sherry (dry or sweet)2 Tbsp, or Chinese cooking wine
soy sauce4 Tbsp
canola oil2 tsp
garlic clove(s)1 large clove(s), minced
ginger root1 piece(s), 1-inch, or to taste, peeled and minced
summer squash1 small, cubed
long grain cooked brown rice4 cup(s), cooled
snow peas1 cup(s)
sweet red pepper(s)1 medium, thinly sliced
uncooked scallion(s)3 medium, sliced, white and pale green parts only
- Cut tofu into small cubes. Mix together 1 tablespoon cooking wine and 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pour over tofu to marinate while you prepare vegetables.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon wine and 3 tablespoons soy sauce together and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add canola oil. When oil is hot add drained tofu, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for about a minute, then add squash.
- After another minute add rice, snow peas and peppers. Stir-fry until rice is hot and vegetables are hot but still crisp, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture and stir to coat evenly. Add scallions and serve.