Vegetable Dumplings with Soy Dipping Sauce
- Total Time
olive oil2 tsp
cooking spray2 spray(s)
packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)1 ½ cup(s)
uncooked carrot(s)½ cup(s), shredded
uncooked scallion(s)2 medium, minced, divided
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), minced
low sodium soy sauce¼ cup(s)
low sodium soy sauce2 tsp
wonton wrapper(s)24 item(s), half of a 12 oz package
sesame oil1 tsp, dark (Asian)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, carrots, garlic and 1 minced scallion; sauté until cabbage wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop vegetable mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one corner to make a triangle and press sides together to seal. Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surface with cooking spray.
- Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup of soy sauce, remaining minced scallion and sesame oil. Mix well and serve with wontons. Yields 4 wontons and 1 tablespoon of dipping sauce per serving.
- Per serving: 4 dumplings and 1 tablespoon sauce