Uncooked veal cutlet
1 pound(s), 1/8-inch-thick, cut into 16 strips
3 oz, thinly sliced, cut into 16 strips
2 Tbsp, minced
3 medium, minced
1 large, diced
2 fl oz, dry variety (1/4 cup)
Canned chicken broth
½ tsp, high quality
- Arrange veal on a flat surface and place one piece prosciutto on each; sprinkle all evenly with sage. Roll up each piece of veal and place a toothpick in each roll to secure it. When all 16 scallopini are rolled up, season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Working in batches, brown veal, flipping once, about 2 minutes per side. Place veal on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallot and mushrooms to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened and starting to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic to pan; cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Pour wine into skillet and cook until nearly evaporated.
- Add broth to skillet and increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and reduce until thick and syrupy. Stir in vinegar and season with additional salt and pepper (If desired).
- Return veal to skillet; gently toss to coat and heat through. Remove toothpicks and serve veal with sauce spooned over top. Yields 4 pieces of veal and about 2 tablespoons sauce per serving.