- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean veal sirloin, four 4 oz cutlets, pounded thin
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided, or to taste
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp table wine, white
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers
Season veal with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
In a small, shallow bowl, combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; dredge veal in flour mxiture and turn to coat.Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add veal and cook until just cooked through and golden, about 2 minutes per side; set aside and keep warm. Deglaze skillet (add liquid to remove remaining pieces of food) with broth, lemon juice and wine: Reduce heat to medium and reduce mixture by half. Swirl in butter, parsley and capers; pour over veal and serve. Yields 1 cutlet per serving.