- 4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 3 medium fat free flour tortilla(s)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg white(s), lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/3 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Coat 1 side of each tortilla with cooking spray, then sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese; gently press down with your fingers to help cheese stick. Turn tortillas over, brush with egg white and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds and about 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
Using a pizza wheel or a knife, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Place wedges cheese-side-down on baking sheet. Bake until light golden and crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yields 4 chips per serving.
- Double or triple this recipe if you're cooking for a crowd. They can be stored, airtight, at room temperature for up to 5 days. For a delicious change of pace, try them with crumbled dried rosemary instead of the fennel seeds.