- 6 oz cooked chicken sausage(s), artichoke and garlic variety, diced
- 10 oz cremini mushroom(s), or any other variety
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini, diced
- 15 1/2 oz canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with roasted garlic and onion
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tsp rosemary, fresh
- 2 cup(s) arugula
Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; set over high heat. Add the sausages, mushrooms, and zucchini; cook, stirring frequently, until the sausages and vegetables are lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
Stir in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the arugula until it wilts, about 1 minute. Yields 1 1/2 cups per serving.
- It’s preferable to stir in the arugula just before serving. Low-fat, multi-grain crackers make a good, crunchy accompaniment.