Turkey breast with apples, fennel, and barley
1 Tbsp, or roasted garlic mustard
Uncooked pearl barley
¾ cup(s), quick cooking variety
Packed brown sugar
Uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast
Fresh unpeeled Golden Delicious apple slice(s)
3 medium, cored and cut into 3/4-inch thick wedges
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
1 item(s), large, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, sliced
1 pound(s), small head, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line bottom of broiler pan with foil; spray foil with nonstick spray.
- Mix mustard, sugar, and soy sauce together in small bowl. Place turkey on broiler pan; spread mustard mixture evenly over turkey. Scatter apples, fennel, and onion in pan. Roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of turkey registers 165°F and vegetables and apples are tender, 40−45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix barley, water, and salt in large microwavable bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High 8 minutes. Add radicchio, cover, and microwave until barley is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer turkey to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Cut into 12 slices. Serve with apples, vegetables, and barley.
- Serving size: 3 slices turkey, 1 cup vegetable-apple mixture, 1/2 cup barley