Turkey kofta and vegetable kebabs with yogurt sauce
Uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium, shredded
Dried plain breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp, chopped
Fresh mint leaves
1 Tbsp, chopped
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
2 small, cut into 1-inch slices
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 medium clove(s), minced
Fresh lemon juice
- Coat broiler rack with cooking spray, then preheat broiler.
- Mix together turkey, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, mint, cumin, coriander, paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and allspice in large bowl. Shape mixture into 16 balls. Thread balls onto 4 (10-inch) metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring). Place on prepared broiler rack.
- Combine tomatoes, zucchini, oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt in another large bowl. Thread vegetables onto 4 more skewers. Place on prepared broiler rack.
- Broil skewers 5 inches from heat, turning once, until kofta are cooked through and tomatoes are blistered, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, stir together yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and pinch of salt in small bowl. Serve skewers with sauce.
- Serving size: 1 kofta kebab, 1 vegetable kebab, and 2 tablespoons sauce