Turkey cutlets with couscous-cucumber salad
2 Tbsp, grated from 1 orange
4 Tbsp, juice of 1 orange
2 tsp, minced
1 medium clove(s), minced
Uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast
1 pound(s), 4 (1/4-pound) cutlets
Canned chicken broth
Uncooked whole wheat couscous
¼ pound(s), trimmed and cut in half diagonally
2 small, mini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
1 cup(s), sliced, thinly sliced
Fresh baby spinach
4 cup(s), loosely packed
- Combine half the orange juice, the rosemary, and garlic in large shallow dish. Add turkey and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand until broth is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile, bring medium saucepan of water to boil. Add snow peas and cook until bright green, about 5 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Remove turkey from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place in skillet and cook, turning once, until well browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Just before serving, stir together remaining half of orange juice, orange zest, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Add snow peas, cucumbers, radishes, and couscous and toss gently to coat.
- Divide spinach among 4 plates and top evenly with salad. Place turkey on top of salad.
- Serving size: 1 turkey cutlet, 1 cup spinach, and 1 1/2 cups salad