Turkey Cutlets with Couscous-Cucumber Salad
- Total Time
cooking spray1 spray(s)
orange zest2 Tbsp, grated from 1 orange
orange juice4 Tbsp, juice of 1 orange
rosemary2 tsp, minced
garlic clove(s)1 medium clove(s), minced
uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast1 pound(s), 4 (1/4-pound) cutlets
canned chicken broth1 ½ cup(s)
uncooked whole wheat couscous1 cup(s)
snow peas¼ pound(s), trimmed and cut in half diagonally
table salt¾ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp
cucumber(s)2 small, mini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
fresh radish(es)1 cup(s), sliced, thinly sliced
fresh baby spinach4 cup(s), loosely packed
- Combine half the orange juice, the rosemary, and garlic in large shallow dish. Add turkey and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand until broth is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile, bring medium saucepan of water to boil. Add snow peas and cook until bright green, about 5 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Remove turkey from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place in skillet and cook, turning once, until well browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Just before serving, stir together remaining half of orange juice, orange zest, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Add snow peas, cucumbers, radishes, and couscous and toss gently to coat.
- Divide spinach among 4 plates and top evenly with salad. Place turkey on top of salad.
- Per serving (1 turkey cutlet, 1 cup spinach, and 11/2 cups salad)