Turkey and Swiss burgers with mushrooms and garlic aioli
3 cup(s), sliced, divided
2 large, chopped
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
7 tsp, divided
1½ tsp, minced, divided
1 tsp, divided
Uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
2 large, thinly sliced
Low-fat Swiss cheese
3 oz, four 3/4 oz slices
Light English muffin(s)
4 item(s), toasted
- To make burgers, pulse 1 c mushrooms, chopped shallots, 1 Tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tsp rosemary and 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce in a food processor until minced. Gently fold mushroom mixture into turkey; shape into four 3 1/2-inch patties. Season burgers with kosher salt and pepper; chill until ready to grill (can be prepped up to 12 hours ahead).
- To make sautéed mushrooms, off heat, coat a medium nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Saute 2 cups mushrooms, sliced shallots, salt and 1/2 tsp rosemary until softened, 5-6 minutes; stir in 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce and Dijon, and set aside.
- To make aioli, combine 4 tsp mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl; keep chilled until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook burgers, flipping once, until an internal temperature of 165°F, 5-6 minutes per side. Top each fully cooked burger with a slice of cheese; cover briefly to melt cheese.
- To assemble burgers, spread 1 tsp aioli on each muffin bottom; top each with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, burger, 1/4 c sautéed mushrooms and a muffin top.
- Serving size: 1 burger