Turkey-and-Quinoa Meat Loaf
- Total Time
This crowd-pleasing meat loaf combines tasty turkey and nutty whole-grain quinoa and a good dose of veggies.
uncooked quinoa½ cup(s), rinsed
uncooked zucchini1 medium, shredded
chili sauce¾ cup(s), or ketchup
egg white(s)2 large
uncooked red onion(s)1 small, finely chopped
fresh parsley1 Tbsp, chopped flat-leaf
Italian seasoning1 ½ tsp, dried
table salt½ tsp
black pepper½ tsp
raw skinless turkey breast1 pound(s), ground
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan; add quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; ﬂuff quinoa with fork and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. Line bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish or baking pan with parchment paper.
- Squeeze zucchini dry and put in large bowl. Stir in ¼ cup of chili sauce, the egg whites, onion, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add turkey and quinoa; stir until combined well but not overmixed.
- Transfer turkey mixture to prepared baking dish and shape into 5 x 11-inch loaf. Spread remaining ½ cup chili sauce on top of loaf.
- Bake until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of loaf registers 165°F, 50–55 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 6 slices.
- Per serving: 1 slice