Tunisian-style chicken bites
1 tsp, or coarse sea salt
1 tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce) halves
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
2 Tbsp, coarsely chopped
¼ cup(s), fresh, finely chopped
- To make the rub, combine the cinnamon, salt, ground pepper, and sugar in a bowl. Combine 1 tablespoon of the oil with 1 teaspoon of the harissa in a separate bowl. Pound the chicken to 1⁄2-inch thickness. Brush with the harissa oil, then sprinkle with the rub. Place in a zip-close plastic bag; refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- To make the sauce, combine the bell pepper with the remaining 1 teaspoon harissa in a food processor; puree. With the motor running, slowly add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Transfer to a bowl; cover and set aside.
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; preheat the grill to medium or prepare a medium fire.
- Place the chicken on the grill rack. Grill, turning, until cooked through, 10 – 12 minutes. Cut the chicken into strips. Place a few strips on each of 8 plates. Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with the mint.
- Serving size: 1⁄2 breast and about 1 tablespoon sauce