- 4 medium corn tortilla(s)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 medium fresh tomato(es), cored and chopped
- 1 average serrano chile(s)(average), cored, seeded and minced (use 1 chile)
- 1 medium yellow pepper(s), cored and chopped
- 3 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt, then cut each into 6 wedges. Place on cookie sheet; bake until crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, chile and pepper. Process until vegetables are finely chopped.
- Coat a 3-quart pot with cooking spray. Add vegetables; sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth; simmer until vegetables are tender and flavors are blended, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Spoon soup into 4 bowls. Top each with 1/4 toasted tortillas. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.