- Total Time
Packed with potatoes and onions, this Spanish omelet is much more than an ordinary egg dish. Add some lean ham for extra flavor.*
uncooked potato(es)3 medium, baking-variety, peeled, thinly sliced**
egg white(s)3 large
table salt⅛ tsp, or to taste
black pepper⅛ tsp, or to taste
canola oil1 ½ Tbsp
uncooked onion(s)1 medium, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes (potatoes should be about halfway done); drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and potatoes; cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon potato mixture into egg mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Reheat skillet over medium-low heat. Add potato-egg mixture and let cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook on other side until eggs are set, about 2 minutes more. Slice into 6 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.