- 1 1/2 pound(s) fresh tomato(es), large, seeded, diced
- 2 1/2 cup(s) fresh watermelon, seedless, chopped
- 2 cup(s) English cucumber(s), peeled, diced
- 1 medium uncooked shallot(s), diced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper(s), seeded, chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar, Spanish variety
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 15 leaf/leaves basil, roughly chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp plain low fat Greek yogurt
Place tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber, shallot, jalapeno and garlic in a blender; add oil, vinegar, salt and basil. Blend until fairly smooth but still retaining a bit of texture (if soup is too thick, thin with a 1/4 c tomato juice); chill 90 minutes or overnight.
Serve garnished with yogurt and basil leaves.
Serving size: 1 c gazpacho plus 2 Tbsp yogurt
- To seed tomatoes, cut tomatoes in half; gently squeeze halved tomatoes so seeds fall out. If you like your gazpacho spicy, leave in some of the jalapeno seeds.