Tomato and Feta Frittata
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 small uncooked shallot(s), chopped
- 2 large egg(s)
- 4 large egg white(s)
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, cut in half if large
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs, (2 Tbsp)
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat a large heavy-bottomed ovenproof skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Add shallot to skillet; cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper; stir in tomatoes and shallot.
- Coat bottom and sides of same skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook until almost set, loosening edges of frittata occasionally, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over eggs; top with panko.
- Place skillet under broiler, 4 inches from heat; broil until cooked through and panko browns, about 30 seconds to 1 minute (watch carefully to avoid burning). Remove from broiler immediately and let sit for 1 minute; cut into 4 wedges. Yields 1 wedge per serving.
*Panko are light, coarse bread crumbs available in the Asian section of the supermarket. Sprinkle with fresh basil if desired.