We cooked this dinner in a medium-sized toaster oven. It’s quicker than the regular oven and food browns nicely since it’s so close to the heat source.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, trimmed (about 10 to 12 spears)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste, divided
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, Parmigianno Reggiano recommended
- 2 Tbsp dried plain breadcrumbs, panko-variety
- 2 tsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chives, fresh, minced
- 8 oz uncooked sole, two 4-oz fillets
- 1/4 medium lemon(s), cut into 2 wedges
Preheat toaster oven to 450ºF. Coat a shallow 9-inch round or rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
Place asparagus in half of prepared dish; drizzle with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
On a dinner plate, combine cheese and bread crumbs; season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chives. Lightly brush one side of each fillet with mayonnaise mixture; press that side of fish into cheese mixture. Place fish, coated-side up, on other half of prepared baking dish.
Bake until asparagus are tender and fish is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes. Remove to plates and squeeze with fresh lemon juice.
Serving size: 1 fillet and 1/2 of asparagus
- Make sure not to crowd the fish and asparagus on your baking tray. If your toaster oven is not large enough to accommodate both servings, consider making this recipe in your oven instead.