Toaster Oven-Baked Sole with Asparagus
- Total Time
We cooked this dinner in a medium-sized toaster oven. It’s quicker than the regular oven and food browns nicely since it’s so close to the heat source.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
uncooked asparagus½ pound(s), trimmed (about 10 to 12 spears)
olive oil1 tsp
table salt½ tsp, or to taste, divided
black pepper¼ tsp, or to taste, divided
grated Parmesan cheese3 Tbsp, Parmigianno Reggiano recommended
dried plain breadcrumbs2 Tbsp, panko-variety
reduced calorie mayonnaise2 tsp
chives1 tsp, fresh, minced
uncooked sole8 oz, two 4-oz fillets
lemon(s)¼ medium, cut into 2 wedges
- Preheat toaster oven to 450ºF. Coat a shallow 9-inch round or rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place asparagus in half of prepared dish; drizzle with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- On a dinner plate, combine cheese and bread crumbs; season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chives. Lightly brush one side of each fillet with mayonnaise mixture; press that side of fish into cheese mixture. Place fish, coated-side up, on other half of prepared baking dish.
- Bake until asparagus are tender and fish is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes. Remove to plates and squeeze with fresh lemon juice.
- Serving size: 1 fillet and 1/2 of asparagus