Tilapia Fillets in a Caponata-Style Sauce
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 small, chopped
1 small, peeled and diced
1 Tbsp, drained and chopped
No salt added diced tomatoes
Uncooked tilapia fillet(s)
24 oz, (four, 6 oz filets)
- 1. Spray a large sauté pan or a high-sided skillet with cooking spray. Set over medium heat, add onion, and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- 2. Add eggplant and continue cooking, stirring often, for 4 minutes, or until eggplant softens at edges. Stir in capers and garlic; cook for a few seconds, until fragrant.
- 3. Stir in tomatoes, oregano, basil and salt. Bring to a full simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer slowly for 20 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- 4. Slip fillets into the sauce. Cover and continue cooking until fish is firm and opaque, about 10 minutes. Serve in bowls.
- Serving size: 1 fillet and 1 cup sauce with vegetables.