Thai Chicken, Cauliflower and Potato Curry
- Total Time
A one-pot meal that’s creamy and rich. It’s full of vegetables and potatoes, and the fabulous flavors of Thai red curry paste and light coconut milk.
canola oil1 ½ tsp, divided
table salt1 tsp, divided
uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)¾ pound(s), cut into small pieces
uncooked onion(s)1 medium, thinly sliced
sweet red pepper(s)1 medium, thinly sliced
light unsweetened coconut milk14 fl oz
Thai curry paste1 ½ Tbsp, red variety
packed brown sugar2 tsp
uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)2 medium, peeled, cut into small pieces
uncooked cauliflower8 oz, cut into small pieces (about 3 cups)
cilantro⅓ cup(s), mint or basil, fresh, chopped
fresh lime juice2 Tbsp, or more to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt; add chicken to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in same skillet; add onion and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, curry paste, sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and chicken; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and cauliflower are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro (mint or basil) and lime juice. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.